Strategic Relocation: North American Guide To Safe Places BOOK
In today's mainstream bookstores, it's easy to find information about the best places to live. Such literature undoubtedly concentrates on the positive aspects, such as the number of golf courses, the quality of health care, availability of cultural activities, school rankings, and the growth potential of the local economy. While these highly-rated metropolitan areas may offer ample opportunities to enhance your lifestyle, what happens when a major crisis strikes?
- What if a labor crisis halts the inflow of food and consumer goods? Will these communities provide the basic necessities of life?
- What if an economic crisis threatens your pensions, investments and other so-called guaranteed income?
- Could you get out of harm's way if massive social unrest erupts in the wake of a natural disaster?
- Do you have contingency plans to exit the area when roads/highways are blocked?
- Have you thought about the impact of a major terrorist attack on a U.S. city with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons?
It's easy to dismiss these threats during times of peace and prosperity but they are real, and the probability of such events coming to pass increases every year. Strategic Relocation: North American Guide to Safe Places is an in-depth analysis you need to plan ahead and select the safest areas for you and your loved ones to live. The 3rd Edition features a complete, newly added section on foreign relocation possibilities plus individual analysis on every state and province in North America. The new color maps show military base locations, city population densities, terrain satellite images, private/public land availability, and much more. This book will help you look ahead for potential threats that most other people fail to see or choose to ignore. It contains a complete discussion of the strategies and relocation contingencies that will help you avoid or mitigate each of the major modern threats, from natural disasters to economic collapse to nuclear war.
Looking for the DVD instead? Check here!
About the Authors
Joel Skousen has served as a relocation consultant for over 30 years designing high security residences and retreats. He is the chief designer at The Secure Home Design Group and author of The Secure Home. He has traveled widely and speaks multiple foreign languages and also publishes the World Affairs Brief, a weekly news analysis service.
Andrew Skousen, co-author, is a practicing structural engineer who regularly consults and designs for The Secure Home Design Group. Andrew contributed most of the new research, graphics, tables, and much of the content.